Friday, November 23

Movie of the Week: Persuasion



Rated: PG
Directed by: Adrian Shergold
Time: 120 minutes
Release Date: 2007

Blurb:

Anne Elliot fell deeply in love with handsome young naval officer Frederick Wentworth at the age of nineteen. But with neither fortune nor rank to recommend him, Anne was persuaded to break off her engagement. Eight years later, Anne has lived to regret her decision. She never stopped loving Wentworth, and when he returns from sea with rank and fortune, she can only watch as every eligible young woman in the district falls at his feet.

Can Frederick forgive Anne for listening to her family instead of her heart?

My opinion:

I don't know about you guys, but the blurb sounds amazing. As you probably already know, I love Regency-set novels. The more romantic, the better. Therefore, it should be no surprise that I ADORE the plot of this movie. Based on Jane Austen's novel, Persuasion, this TV movie is one of my favourites. The heroine is likeable and realistic, and the hero... Ah, be still my heart. Trust me when I say, he's dreamy.

Like most BBC productions, this movie was extremely well done. Gorgeous costumes, beautiful music, and wonderful acting. You won't be disappointed!

Trailer:

I hope you guys have a good Black Friday =)



2 comments:

  1. I need to see this movie! It sounds perfectly romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- You would LOVE this movie, I promise. It is so good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...