Wednesday, January 30

Fourth Week!

Hello everyone!

I have to admit something... I completely forgot about today's post. Normally I write it the night before and schedule it to post, but it slipped my mind entirely. I've been a bit busy recently, so I'm going to use that as my excuse ;)

Writing:

--I did write over the past week but I didn't meet my goal. I'm bummed about it, but there's not much I can do now. Some words are better than no words (or so I keep telling myself). It's a new week, so hopefully I'll make it this time =)

--I actually looked at my query letter for AHR yesterday. I've technically already written it, but I decided to tweak it a bit. Now I'm really happy with it. When I wrote my first novel, Warrior Branded, the query letter was the most difficult part for me. It took three weeks of solid work before I was happy with it. Needless to say I wanted to avoid that aggravation this time around, so I worked on it before I even started the story. It might need to change... but I'm already 30K in and the story is going in the same direction, so maybe not!

--I attempted to read two books this week. Unfortunately, they both ended up being busts. I'd heard such good things about them, but sometimes you can't trust Amazon reviews!

Personal:

--Again, we're still doing obedience training with Powell. Last night's session was a bit difficult (Powell was sleepy and didn't want to pay attention), but other than that he's been an excellent student.

--This isn't really a goal per se, but my parents booked their tickets to come down for a week in February! I'm so excited! We'd been scouring the internet for a good deal, which took up a lot of time, but my mum finally came across some at a relatively good price. Now I'll need to get the spare room ready for them (we need a box spring for the bed)!

This weekend my husband and I went to see Silver Linings Playbook starring Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. It was really good. I highly recommend it for everyone, but especially artistic people. It looks at mental illness and "weird" people in a very humorous, realistic light.

So how was your week? Any exciting news?

8 comments:

  1. So exciting that your folks are coming for a visit, Natalie :)

    And, yay, for getting some writing done. Goal met or not, you got words on paper and that's what counts. FYI - hate query letters!

    Am thinking of seeing that movie - heard a review the other day that it was good, but the reviewer claimed it was a 'wait for DVD' good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet- Yep! I am VERY excited. I haven't seen them since my wedding in August. Miss them like crazy!!

    I am actually sitting down right now to write so hopefully something good comes of it ;)

    I think it was better than "wait for DVD" good, personally. It was really well written and my husband and I both loved it. Although he tolerates rom-coms for me, he doesn't tend to like them all that much (go figure). But he actually really liked Silver Linings. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any words ARE good words. Happy writing! =)

    I can relate to dogs not paying attention. Dachshunds can be *very* stubborn. We had the worst time house training Ripley, and she doesn't respond to commands quickly. Thankfully, Sawyer is extremely submissive and attentive. Unfortunately, he's a barking menace whenever he's outside.

    Yay for the parent visit! It's so great that they're coming to see you in February!

    That movie is on my must-see list before the Oscars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen- I know, I know =P It's just hard sometimes! I desperately want to write, but so many things get in my way. Namely Powell at the moment, LOL.

    Hehe yes, I had a small dog growing up. They can be a pain in the butt! I don't remember if I've asked this before, but did you do doggy obedience classes with them?? They don't teach house training or anything, but they are helping Powell focus his attention on us with tons of distractions, LOL.

    It was a perfect date night movie. I can't wait to own it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, we never did a class, though we talked to the obedience trainer at the pet store. And we watched a lot of DOG WHISPERER. My dogs listen to me -- I'm the Alpha ;) -- and would be very well behaved if it wasn't for my hubby. He's the "fun guy". In other words, he gets the dogs all riled up, then leaves me to calm them down. =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your folks are coming down for a week. You must miss them like crazy.

    Don't sweat not reaching your goals. Slow writing is better than no writing. And yay for getting the query letter done ahead of time.

    My exciting news is that I got a full request for Dying Embers, sent it off, and got a really nice letter back saying she'd received it and can't wait to read more of it. (The query had the first ten pages.) Keep your fingers crossed for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. B.E.- I am SO excited for you! I hope you hear great news =D I am crossing everything for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...