Monday, January 14

RWA Nationals: Are You Going?

Hello everyone!

Today I thought I would talk about RWA Nationals. For those of you not in the RWA, the conference registration opened today. It's in Atlanta from July 17-20. I'm still not sure whether or not I'll be able to go. With rough numbers, I priced it out to just under $1900 for four days (including food and travel etc...). A lot, right?

That being said, I loved my experience at RWA Nationals in 2009. It was one of the most inspirational times of my life. I truly felt like I could write a novel and be published after attending. It was amazing. Over 2000 writers (mostly romance, but a lot of fantasy and sci-fi too!) together for four days to share their experiences and their friendships. I made some of the best writer friends there-- Monica McCarty, Delilah Marvelle, Bella Andre, Jami Alden etc... It was phenomenal! Aside from all of that, you get to attend as many workshops as you want, and they have the best free swag of any conference I've ever been to.

*sighs*

Can you tell I really want to go again? LOL. Alas, I'll have to wait and see what happens with our finances.

Have you ever been to an RWA National Conference? Are you thinking of going this year?

4 comments:

  1. yeah, I'm working to rationalize that trip right now...I want! But then there's also RT...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No and no - way too pricey for me, Natalie! One day I may get there - having had conference experience (and, yes, so inspiring and motivating). One day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri- I know, you have to come up with the best reasons to go, especially when discussing it with your husband... lol. I've never been to RT, but it looks like SO MUCH FUN. I don't think I'll ever attend an RT unless I 1). win the lottery or 2). actually get an agent/book deal, heheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet- Yeah, it is a lot of money. It's even more if you're not an RWA member! Again, my numbers were rough estimates. It's $450 for registration, and $189 a night for a hotel room. Plus travel and food...

    I've been to several small conferences and they're lots of fun too, but there's something about the HUGE conference that is so exciting. It's like, you can turn a corner and walk right into your favourite authors! RIGHT THERE! And they talk to you! And get your phone number! Ahhhh *fan girl moment* Then there are also the editors and agents and they are there specifically to talk to writers. It's just so amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...