Wednesday, January 16

Second Week Down!

Hello everyone!

So, I've decided to make Wednesday my "update" day. I kind of like keeping track of my progress, so I hope you guys enjoy it as well!

Writing:

--I met my weekly word goal!!!!!!!!!! *runs around screaming* I DID IT! I know it's just one week out of fifty-two, but I KNEW I could do it! Now that I've done it once, I know I can do it again. It's all about repetition, patience, and consistency. Since January 1st, I've written over five thousand words (not including today).

--I've continued to look at the Atlanta conference this summer. I haven't done much planning, but I'm looking at ways to cut costs. If any of you are thinking of attending and want to share a room, email me! I promise I don't snore ;)

--I have now read five books so far this year and I'm currently reading my sixth =) I'm ahead of the game, since I only need to read 4.6 books a month to meet my goal.


Personal:

--Over the weekend we went and donated an entire Jeep load of clothes to Goodwill. We have a few more things to donate, but I think we'll do that next weekend.

--We attended our first obedience training class last night with Powell. He is only four months old, but he already knows sit, down, shake a paw, and kisses. He is still learning up and off. However, we aren't able to train him with distractions (such as other dogs or people), so we thought bringing him to a class would be good. So far we really like how it's going. He's the youngest in the class by several months, but he adores learning. We hope it continues to go well!

So there you have it! I wasn't as productive this week, but I'm very pleased with my progress. I really want to focus on writing this year and so far that's exactly what I've been doing!

How are your goals coming along? If you aren't doing yearly goals, how was your week??


10 comments:

  1. Wow, Natalie - 5000 words since the beginning of January - great job!!!

    I'm enjoying your updates - and they are a good reminder for me to keep up with my Word of the Year! So far, I've only missed one day of 10 minutes on the spin bike every morning - and I've checked off all my run workouts! Now, I need to focus on getting some word count done every day.

    Oh, and if you're not adverse to strangers - when I was with the RWA back in the day, they had a forum thread dedicated to roommate requests for Nationals - you might want to check that out.

    Yay, Powell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! I do enjoy your update posts. It's always good to see other people's accomplishments. =o)

    Since my only goal this year is to survive the year, I'm doing pretty well. I did get some writing done while I was trapped on the couch, and a boatload of reading, too. Now I just have to get back to normal and clean this darn house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet- Thanks!!! I'm very happy with my progress so far. I hope I can keep it up. Thankfully, my husband and my parents are VERY supportive, and they always pester me about my writing, hehehe.

    Wow, good job!! I need to workout more, but we don't have an exercise equipment (and no where to put any even if we went out to buy some). Since reading your posts, I've thought about jogging, but I'm just not sure. I've always loved the elliptical and the spin bike, but jogging....? =/

    I'm sure you can get the words down! Are you planning on writing some more, or are you going to start editing your NaNo story? OR BOTH?? lol.

    Yeah, I've thought about the strangers thing. Idk, I'm not a huge fan of that idea. It would be an easy way to make friends, but what if I reeeeeally don't like someone? I'd be stuck with them all conference, and it might end up ruining aspects of it for me. And with how much it costs...I'd rather that not be the case lol.

    Yep, Powell did really well. I need to work with him at home this week to make sure he has everything down, but I'm very proud of him =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth- Thanks!! Oh good. I just like keeping track, and they seem to be popular posts with my statcounter, so I thought, "why not?"

    Hehehe, you are doing a superb job of surviving ;) I'm glad you're feeling better. I can't imagine back pain like that. It must be awful. I am glad you got some writing done though, and some reading! It's always good to keep your brain active, especially if your body is hurting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTG, Nat!!! I enjoy your weekly update posts.

    Some days I'd rather do anything but sit down and write, but your word count updates and hard work inspire me to get busy. Even though I skipped one day, I met my weekly writing (and exercise) goal. This weekend I want to work on my blurb and organize my notes.

    I definitely want to read more books in 2013. Last night I finished reading my 4th book of the year! Up next, my first New Adult read: EASY by Tammara Webber. I can't wait to start it!

    Kudos to Powell for being such a good puppy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen- Thanks hun!

    Aww, I'm glad I can help out! Ooo, your blurb? Are you getting close to a certain terrifying Q word????

    Good job! I was really disappointed in myself with regards to books last year. I went from 100+ books to just over 50. But, I need to be realistic about my time. When I was in university, I HAD to read that much.

    Ooo, let me know what you think! I LOVED Easy by Tammara Webber. I thought it was very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm inching my way toward that terrifying Q (and the dreaded S) word, but even before I get there I'll write my blurb. I like to do a preliminary rough draft. It works as a mini outline for me.

    I wish I could read 100 books a year. Hopefully I'll break 50 in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen- Heheh, I had no problems writing my synopsis, but the query letter was awful. That's why I wrote my query letter first this time lol.

    Yeah, this year I'm hoping for 50 books too. I think we can do it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had no problems writing your synopsis? Nice! Maybe you should write a blog post about that, including helpful tips. hint, hint. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...