Monday, February 25

Blogging Again & an Epiphany

Hello everyone!

I am back from my blog hiatus. My week with my parents was wonderful, but far too short. We didn't do much of anything--ate, laughed, and relaxed. It was a nice break, and exactly what all of us needed. I spent seven days with my three best friends--what more could I ask for?

On Tuesday, after my parents flew home, we had our final doggy obedience class with Powell. At five months and one week, he graduated with flying colors. He also earned his AKC S.T.A.R PUPPY certification. Yep, that's right, my baby is one smart puppy! We mailed in his official forms and we should receive his "degree" and medal in the mail. Once we have them, I will try to post some pictures.


Powell on graduation night!

In other news, I had a bit of an epiphany this morning. I was attempting to brainstorm for my Highlander romance when I stopped to wonder what critiques an agent might give me in the future. You know, the usual daydreaming about having a brilliant agent who wants to make my story even better before sending it out to an editor ;) 

Anyway, I was lying on my bed contemplating how an agent would see my story, when suddenly, the answer came to me. I'm currently working on chapter seven, but my mind has been stuck on chapter three. You see,  I wrote chapter three in a rush, forcing myself to get the words out. Some of them are good, some aren't. To be honest, it's a lot of back story that isn't needed just yet. In any case, the answer on how to cut it down came to me. Hopefully I will be able to fix chapter three and then get back to chapter seven. I know many of you are shaking your heads at me, but I can't seem to leave "bad words" behind. I have tried numerous times, but I can't help it!

So how was your week? Get anything productive done? Have you ever had a weird epiphany like mine?

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I've missed your posts. I'm glad you had such a wonderful visit with your parents. I hope you get to see them again soon.

    Congrats, Powell, on being a smart and cute puppy!

    Kudos to you on your epiphany!! I also can't seem to leave "bad words" behind. I have to fix them before I move on or it drives me crazy.

    I had an epiphany myself last week about my Highlander novella. An idea came to while on a walk, and I figured out just the right element to add to an unwritten scene. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a fabulous time with your parents - even though it was short. And congrats to Powell: Good Boy!!

    Yay for epiphanies! Everyone has her own process - or needs to find her own process - so if going back and fixing allows you to move forward, then do it, Natalie! Good luck with the rewrite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen- Thank you! I had a lovely time with them. At the moment the next scheduled trip is in August, when they come down to go to the beach with everyone. If my green card ever goes through, I might be able to sneak a visit up there with them, but we'd have to see.

    Ah ha! A similar writer to me! Muah hahahaha! Everyone's always telling me to leave the words behind, but I can't! I CAN'T DO IT. Drives my CPs and my Alpha insane (which might be my intention all along...)

    Yay for epiphanies! I love when that happens =) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet- I agree. When people tell you how to write, it drives me crazy. Everyone is different, so it would be foolish to assume we all write the same way. My first drafts tend to take longer to write, but my editing process is shorter. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...