Wednesday, February 6

Fifth Week

Hello everyone!

Happy February! I hope January treated you well =) I'm a bit late today posting my weekly update, but I've been a bit busy!

Writing: 

-- As some of you know, I've been having a bit of difficulties with my current Highlander story. I adore it, but I get stuck every so often. Unfortunately, when I get stuck that means I'm not getting any words out! So after emailing a good writer friend of mine, I decided to work on a new story idea that's been floating around in my head for a few months now. I have no idea if it's going to amount to anything, but I'm loving it so far, and that's the most important thing. I need to get my writing mojo back ;)

-- I've read two novels since last week (and I'm halfway through a third). I also tried four other novels that ended up being huge busts. It disappoints me so much when books don't work out, but thankfully they are older books I'd picked up at used bookstores. In any case, I enjoyed the three books I read this week =)

Personal:

-- Powell had a better training session yesterday. He's doing very well, and we've noticed he's getting more and more focused, which is wonderful!

-- We've also been busy getting the house ready for my parents to arrive. They'll be here on Tuesday!!

We've been pretty busy this past week with various things--shopping, football, etc... I wanted more time to write but what can you do! So how was your week?

7 comments:

  1. Yep, sometimes you just have to put that manuscript aside and focus on something else for a bit. I have a WIP that I shelved a year and a half ago - came up against a brick wall - but last week, out of the blue, a solution presented itself. Very happy :)

    Hate it when books don't live up to their potential.

    Have a great rest of the week, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that setting the sticky manuscript aside is working for you. Sometimes that's what it takes to get it unstuck - ignore it for a while. ;o)

    Yay for Powell! Good boy. And SQUEE for your folks arriving on Tuesday. I know you're missing them and they're missing you. I hope their visit is awesome.

    The week here's been a little crazy, but the writing's been going good. Got another thousand typed into the computer last night. Hurray for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet- Yep, I agree. I just felt guilty doing it. However, on the plus side, I've been thinking about my Highlander story more and more since I set it aside. Sometimes I just need to write SOMETHING to get my mind back into the story.

    I'm glad you came up with a solution! That's awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. B.E.- Yep! Thank you for your advice ;)

    I am very excited for my parents to arrive. I've missed them a lot. I still have to come up with a schedule of some kind for when they're here.

    Yay for another thousand words! That's awesome =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a break is needed. I'm sure you'll get back to your Highlander story very soon. In the meantime, enjoy working on your new idea. Any writing is good writing.

    I had to set my own Highlander story aside this week. The characters from my medieval WIP were demanding my attention these past few days. During the break from my Highlander story, I figured out the next scene. That makes me happy, and eager to get back to the story.

    Good job, Powell! He's learning and growing so quickly. =)

    Have a wonderful time with your parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen- You helped me in your email too, btw!! I love being able to email my writer friends to chat about anything and everything =)

    I'm actually feeling more inspired by my Highlander already, so switching between the two might be a good idea--just like you're doing with your stories! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I could help! Happy writing! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...