Wednesday, March 20

This is a bit late...

Okay, okay, apparently I'm awful at keeping up with my blog. I completely forgot about a Monday post and today I forgot it was Wednesday, so...yeah. I wish I could say that is going to change, but my workload is picking up again, and I'm not sure I can make that promise.

Writing:

-- I'm now reading and helping brainstorm for a CP who is still in the rough draft stage of her novel.

--I will also start to receive chapters from another CP. Her book is due in May, so I have to get cracking!

--I beta'd for a friend and sent her my notes.

--I read over pitches for another writer friend.

--I critiqued an essay for a friend from HS who is now in university.

--I officially became a judge for Celtic Hearts' Golden Claddagh contest. So excited! I had a lot of fun judging last year, so I can't wait to do it again! It was a huge time commitment, but it was worth it.

--My own writing is going well. I'm still working through chapters four and five, but I'm pleased with what's coming out of it. I'm not really rewriting the chapters, but I'm cutting here and adding there, so it's taking a little while. I wasn't able to work this weekend because I injured my arm picking up Powell, but I'm feeling better now =)

--I am reading my sixteenth book of the year. My goal is fifty.

Personal:

--Decorated for Easter

--The husband and I went out on a date on Friday, which was lovely. We went to Panera and then he surprised me by bringing me to a Celtic band =)

--Saturday we spent at the in-laws. My brother-in-law was home from university for the week, so we had dinner together.

--On Sunday we celebrated St. Patrick's Day by eating corned beef sandwiches for lunch and beef stew for dinner. We also watched The Boondock Saints and Leap Year.

--Unfortunately, the husband is on a business trip for a few days, so it's just me and the puppy.* On the plus side, I should technically get a lot of writing in, LOL.

What have you been up to this past week?

*Stalkers and other creepy people: Don't get any ideas, now. My puppy is a wonderful guard dog, and even if he can be bought with belly rubs, my in-laws are two minutes away and check on me all the time.*

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I got tired just reading about your writer activities. You're one busy gal! So no worries if you miss a blog post here or there, just keep up the good work. ;)

    I'm sure Powell will be more than happy to snuggle with you until your hubby returns from his business trip. Enjoy your Powell, er, alone time!

    As for me...I forced myself to write when I didn't want to, and wrote more than I expected. Oh, and I started book #14. =)

    BTW, thanks for telling me that I could return Kindle books on Amazon. I just returned a Highlander novella I purchased but didn't like after I read the first chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- LOL! I didn't realize how busy I'd been until I stopped and wrote it all down. I like being busy all the time =) Hehehe, thanks ;)

    Haha yes, Powell enjoyed sleeping in the bed last night.

    Good for you!!! We all seem to be keeping up with our book goals =)

    You're welcome. I don't like returning books, but if its truly bad, I refuse to keep it.



    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that you are busy enough to qualify for the "I'm too busy to keep up with my blog" excuse.

    Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teri- LOL yes well, I worry that it IS just an excuse *sighs*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...