Wednesday, April 3

Update: Week 13

With the recent holiday, this has been a bit of a slow week for me. I spent a lot of time with my in-laws and my husband's extended family. I attempted to do work while visiting with everyone, but you know how that goes. Far too much noise to do anything productive.

Writing:

--I finally finished chapter four! I already sent it to my Alpha, and she only had a few small suggestions, which I immediately fixed. I'm also halfway through chapter five, but then Easter happened and I've been busy ever since. I'm really hoping to get a lot done today, if not finish the chapter completely!

--I only read one book last week, which brings my total up to 19.

--The Golden Claddagh contest hosted by my Celtic Hearts RWA chapter officially started on Monday. As I said last week, I'm the YA Coordinator this year. So far, I haven't had to do anything since I haven't received a single entry! So if you write Young Adult fiction and have a completed manuscript ready to go, you should enter! The odds are in your favor =)*

--I am hosting a contest on my blog to give away an ARC of Diana Paz's TIMESPELL! Only two people have entered so far, so go go go!

Personal:

--Like I said, I've been very busy with Easter festivities. We spent five days with the extended family, so not much else was accomplished lol.

--We worked on our taxes this weekend. Unfortunately, since I'm here on a Fiance Visa and am waiting on my Green Card (Permanent Resident Card), taxes are even less fun for us. After running around to both the SSA office and the IRS office yesterday, we think we finally know what to do. Then once we file here in the States, I get to move on to filing back home in Canada. Yay...

So what have you been up to this week? Did you have a nice Easter?

*No, your manuscript does NOT need to be Celtic in nature. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing Chapter 4!

    It's nice that you have extended family so close to you. Family time during the holidays is always special.

    Sorry you have to do taxes in two countries. What a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- Thanks!!! I wish I was home, to be honest lol. Christopher's family is nice, but there's something to be said for the people you grew up with, LOL! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...