Friday, May 10

Update: Week Eighteen!

Writing:

--Organized and sent out the entries for the Golden Claddagh contest hosted by the Celtic Hearts Romance Writers. There have been a few hiccups with regards to email addresses and judges, so I've been trying to sort through that. Hopefully it'll be taken care of shortly!

--Along those same lines, I'm a judge for the historical category, so I should be receiving my entries very soon. =)

--Got the go ahead on Ch 1 and 2 from my Alpha, so I sent it to Jen =)

--I've been working on Ch 7, so I'm very happy. I should finish it today or tomorrow!!! Then it's off to my Alpha while I work on Ch 8!

--I decided to go through my Need To Read shelf (so named by my husband, who felt To Be Read didn't have the right zing to it), but the books kept falling flat for me. I think we'll be going to the used bookstore this weekend.

Personal:

--I have now done 27  miles since Monday. I can't express how happy I am with my progress. This was all about getting into shape and being healthier, and I believe I'm achieving that goal. I'm only weighing myself once a week now (because the weight isn't my goal--my overall health is the goal), so I can't say how much I've lost this week. However, I have noticed a significant difference in my legs. They are more toned and my pants are definitely looser =)

--Granny and Pawpaw were here over the weekend, so we spent lots of time with my in-laws. We had several family dinners, we played with the dogs in the backyard, and we just hung out.

--I got my hair trimmed on Tuesday.

--Last night I went out to dinner with my in-laws and then went and played putt-putt with my husband, my brother-in-law, and my brother-in-law's girlfriend. It was lots of fun. After that we went and got ice cream =)

So there you have it! It doesn't look like a busy week on paper (or screen), but the Golden Claddagh and the elliptical have taken up a good portion of my time. Still, I'm happy with it. Things will calm down and even out soon enough =)

How was your week? Did you do anything exciting?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy but fun week. I can't believe another week has already gone by. It just zipped right past me there. Whoosh.

    We went on a picnic, explored the area, and just enjoyed each other's company. I also started (restarted? resumed the never-ending task?) researching agents so I can get back into querying again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the mileage, Natalie! And sounds like you were very organized and in the zone this week!

    All I can say is TGIF!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth- Yep, it's been very productive. I can't believe it's gone by either. It feels like it should still be January, personally.

    Aww, sounds like you had a lovely week! Oy, good luck with the agent hunt! It's fun but stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet- Thank you!! Hehehe yes, TGIF ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your weekly updates. They are fun to read and inspiring.

    CHRW is lucky to have you organizing and judging the contest entries. You're very organized and offer helpful critiques.

    Need To Read sounds so much better than To Be Read! Have fun at the used bookstore.

    28 miles?! YAY!!! =)

    I'm looking forward to Mother's Day weekend with my mom. I'm taking her to see THE GREAT GATSBY. We love Leo and Baz Luhurmann movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen- Aww, thank you!!! I always worry I'm just rambling up here, LOL.

    I adore CHRW and I have you to thank for pushing me to join. I never would have if not for you. =)

    Lol I agree, but shhh don't let my husband know ;)

    I ended up only doing 27 miles this week, so I went back and changed it. I had a huge headache this morning and wasn't feeling up to 6 miles today, so I just did 5. I'm still happy with it, however.

    Aww, that sounds like fun! I'm curious about the movie. Unfortunately, so many movies are coming out this summer that I have to be picky what I see. We saw Iron Man 3 last week, and next week is Star Trek.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...