Sunday, June 2

Scrubbed the Blog

Hello all!

I'm still not sure whether I'm going to post here regularly. I rather enjoyed having a break without feeling guilty, but we'll see ;) The contest is almost over, so that'll take some stress off my shoulders. I'd really like to focus on my writing though, so I'm not sure.

Either way, I wanted to let you all know that I went through and scrubbed the blog of any pictures that aren't mine. I did leave up a few comic strips, and things like movie posters or book covers. I also left up a few pictures that are on the public domain (cute little things passed around on Facebook and Twitter etc...). If you come across something you think is copyrighted on here, please let me know. I don't want to run into any trouble. I know of several people, including erotic romance author Roni Loren, who have been sued for using copyrighted material on their blogs. I do not want that, so I'm trying everything in my power to avoid the potential issue!

Because of this, I went through and deleted pictures, which means some posts may reference a picture that isn't there anymore. I just wanted to let you all know in case you wondered =)

4 comments:

  1. When blogging begins to feel like a chore, it's probably time for a break. I'm sure you'll feel less stressed when the contest is over. But if not, you might want to extend your blog break through the summer. Come September, you can decide if you want to continue blogging regularly. I like to blog when I need a break from writing. Still, sometimes it eats up too much time.

    Thanks for the update (and reminder) about only using public domain photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. We'll see what I end up doing. I might go on a "hiatus" with occasional visits back when I have news etc... =)

    You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did that a while back. Took me like a day and a half (and that was with only the two blogs). It's done, but I think the blogs are more boring because of it. Now I only post photos I've taken - which I like but aren't as much fun. One bad apple ruins stuff for everyone. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth- Yeah, I did that last summer, but I saw a reminder again and panicked a bit, LOL. I have come across Flickr Creative Commons, which allows you to use pictures so long as you attribute it to the photographer. Very handy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...