Monday, August 19

Anniversaries

August 18, 2012

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of my marriage to my best friend. I know I haven't shared our story on here, but I will one day. Suffice it to say, we've been through a lot. Long distance relationships aren't easy, but I'm going to go on the record here and say that I think they can be more rewarding if done correctly. My husband and I dated for six years before we got married. Through it all, we developed amazing communication, trust, loyalty, and most of all, a wonderful friendship. We had to talk about everything, because that's all we could do. We learned to cherish the times we were together, because we didn't know when we'd see each other next.

After this year, I can honestly say I'm more in love with him than ever before. A lot of people claim the first year of marriage is the most difficult, but I always thought that was a load of... Well, you get the picture. As my husband's Pawpaw said, "If the first year of marriage is difficult, you shouldn't be married."

I couldn't agree more.

Along the same lines, today is also my parents' wedding anniversary, and tomorrow is my in-laws'. Yes, we made it super easy for all of the men in my family: August 18, 19, 20.  Funny enough, it's in order of age, so it's even easier for us to remember (and by "us" I mean the men, because the women will never forget).

It's a lovely time for our family, full of love and friendship. I'm proud of this past year, and I'm grateful for my parents who taught me what to do and what not to do *winks*

Here's hoping the next year is even better!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Awww, great photo! You two are adorable together!

    I agree with Pawpa. He's a wise man. =)

    I know all about long distance relationships and dating for a long time before marriage. You and your hubby have built a solid foundation that is sure to stand the test of time. I wish you two many more years of love and happiness as man and wife. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen-- Thanks, hun =) I think we probably would have married sooner if we'd lived closer and we'd been older. As it was, we started dating when we were 16 and 17, and we still had to finish high school and university. Those were very important to both of us (and our parents, LOL).

    Thank you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, you guys are great. Congratulations on finding and marrying your best friend, and I hope the next 50 years are as wonderful as the first. :hugs:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!!! I hope the next 50 years are wonderful, too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...