Friday, August 23

Links of the Week

History:

--Researchers believe they have found Alfred the Great's bones! by Meredith Bennett-Smith. Check it out!

--Tunnels explored under Hadrian's villa outside Rome by Tom Kington. I've always been a bit obsessed with Hadrian, so this was a very interesting article!

Entertainment News:

--Ashton Kutcher reveals his first name and talks to teens about hard work and generosity. I'm not a huge fan of Ashton, but he gained some points here with me. His speech is wonderful.

Writing:

--Ten Reasons Why Women Love Romance Novels via Jena Lang. Love this list!

--So You Think You Can Write hosted by Harlequin. A friend pointed this contest out to me. Not my thing, but I thought I would pass it on!

--25 Steps to Being a Traditionally Published Author: Lazy Bastard Edition by Delilah S. Dawson. This was one of my favorite articles of the week, so much so that I've printed it out to carry around with me.

--25 Humpalicious Steps for Writing Your First Sex Scene by Delilah S. Dawson. I adore this writer. Her articles make me laugh so hard my stomach hurts.

--Romance, gender, and the measure of a 'real' book by Joyce Lamb. I really liked this article. For some reason, those who read and write romance are still thought of as "lesser".

Book News:

--32 Books That Will Change Your Life by Erin La Rosa. I've read many of these books, but I can think of a few others that deserve to be on this list as well.

--10 of Literature's Most Unreliable Narrators by Alison Nastasi. I'm pretty satisfied with this list, having read most of them in university.

--17 Problems Only Book Lovers Will Understand posted on BuzzFeed. Seriously, only book lovers will understand the pain here.

Random Stuff:

--Book Shoes! by Maggie Rus. Omg, I want to do this. I think I will do this!

--Aqua Notes -- Waterproof Notepad. Yes, you read that correctly. These are notepads you can use while in the shower. Husband of mind, are you taking notes? (Ha, pun totally intended). This would make a great stocking stuffer!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links, Natalie - love the book shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those book shoes, if you're going to wear them out, I would use some other kind of sealant on top of the Elmer's glue for the final coat, because Elmer's glue is water-washable and if they get wet, I don't think it will protect them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet-- You're welcome =) I'm glad you enjoyed them. Yes, I adore the book shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amalia-- Yes, I thought of that too. It'll be easy to find a sealant to put on top =) I think it'll be a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link love. Great list! Those book shoes are so freaking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen-- You're welcome! =) I know, right? I really want to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...