Wednesday, September 4

Dealing with Negativity

This topic has been on my mind a lot recently. As writers, we deal with negativity all the time. There's no escaping it--rejections, rough critiques, bad reviews, snide comments (about our chosen profession), etc... The list truly goes on. After all this time, I expect these things to pop up from time to time. I know how to shake it off and move on. If I didn't, I'd never get anywhere.

It does catch me off guard, however, when I see negativity from fellow writers.

We all know there are some bad apples out there--every profession has them. But what I don't expect is to see it all the time. I don't know if it's because I was raised to look for the bright side, or if I naturally try to find the positives in life, but I'm sick and tired of being faced with such negativity every day. We all have our bad days/weeks/months but at some point you need to get up, shake it off, and move on with your life. If you can't take the heat in this industry, you need to rethink your life goals.

4 comments:

  1. You tell 'em, Nat! (As long as you weren't talking about me. If so, then... =op)

    ;o)

    Negativity is a waste of time. If there are aspects of your life you don't like, griping won't help - you have to work to change things. And even I need that reminder from time to time, so feel free to kick me in the pants if I get that way. K?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth-- Haha no, I wasn't talking about you ;)

    LOL you got it =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Writers should support other writers. Period.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...