Friday, September 6

Links of the Week

History:

--First Scottish Iron Age 'Loch Village" Found! This is soooo cool!!!

--8 Ruined Cities That Remain a Mystery Today. I learned about each of these cities in various history and anthropology classes, so I found this post interesting. I've always loved a good mystery, what about you?

--Who Ruled Ancient Egypt and When: The Most Precise Timeline Yet. I still have nightmares from my last Ancient Egypt class. My professor was hardcore; we had to learn the entire chronology of Egypt, down to every last ruler. I nearly had a panic attack studying for that final, but I aced it (and then promptly forgot everything, as a good student should).

Writing:

--19 Jokes Only Grammar Nerds Will Understand. It's a mishmash of old pictures, but they're entertaining and they make me giggle.

--25 Steps to Becoming a Self-Published Author. I have no current interest in self-publishing, but I found this post entertaining. It's done in the same vein as Delilah S. Dawson's post from a few weeks ago.

Book News:

--The World's 10 Top-Earning Authors. Bastards, the lot of them. Ha, but no really, holy shit they make a lot of money. I'm not sure I could even dream of having that much moola in the bank. I'm hoping for enough to scrape by, LOL.

--Secret Fore-Edge Paintings Revealed in Early 19th Century Books at the University of Iowa. Very interesting! Can you imagine being the tired student who found that? I'd think I was hallucinating, LOL!

--Books for Soldiers. If you have books lying around the house that you aren't going to read again, perhaps you could send them to a soldier!

--New Life for Old Books. I'm not sure I can condone this, even if the projects are beautiful and unique. Then again, I do have some old university textbooks lying around....

--Indian Author Sushmita Banerjee Killed in Afghanistan. This is heartbreaking. Sadly, it happen every day all over the world.

Random Stuff:


--How to Fold a Fitted Sheet. This is so random, but I came across it the other day and decided to share with you guys. This lady makes it look easy--I suspect she is some sort of robot. What do you think? As well, I have an issue with her opening statement: "One of the biggest challenges you're going to face in your life is how to fold a fitted sheet." Really? One of the biggest challenges of my life? Okay then, good to know.

--Scottish Castles Cheaper than New York Apartments. Well I knew this already. Besides, who would want to live in NY when they could live in Scotland? Jesh. Priorities, people, priorities.

--28 Pictures That Prove Dreams Do Come True. Beautiful, simply beautiful. If you aren't smiling (or crying) by the end, there's no hope for you.

2 comments:

  1. Great links, Natalie - loved the last one (yep, made me cry) and I already fold my fitted sheets that way (life's biggest challenge conquered - heh)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet-- Thank you! LOL! Well then, you're set for life apparently ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...