Friday, September 13

Links of the Week

Writing:

--50 Weird Scottish Words.  This is more of a writing post for myself and anyone else who has stories set in Scotland. I knew most of the words, but some were new to me.

--10 Rules for Writing First Drafts. I always like lists. Lists, lists, lists!

--10 Things Writers Are Tired of Hearing. This post made me snicker the whole way through. So true!


Book News:

--Rules of Scoundrels anti-spoiler alert. Okay, I adore Sarah MacLean's regency romances, so I am VERY intrigued by this post. How can it completely take the romance world by storm? WHO IS CHASE? *shakes computer screen* If you haven't read this series, you should definitely try it. I love her books.

--The Early Jobs of 24 Famous Writers. I thought this was interesting.

Random Stuff:

--A sweet wedding proposal. The title of the article says the girlfriend's reveal veers off plan, but I don't quite see how...

--Wedding Dress Made from Bread Bag Clips. Okay, I seem to be on a bit of a wedding kick, but I swear it's just a coincidence. This is SO COOL, and the dress is actually quite pretty. I wonder if it was uncomfortable? How would you sit? Wouldn't all of the birds in the park come after you? I mean, I know your dress isn't made of bread, but bread bag clips have to smell a bit like bread...don't they? Shhh, it's early in the morning and I'm sleepy.

--23 People Who Are WAY More Awkward Than You. This made me snicker.

--Teenager's Invention Could Clean Oceans of Garbage Within 5 Years. Holy crap! The video is a little long, but it's worth it. He makes it seem so simple. I wonder what the big scientists think of his design. Would it work?

--20 Years Ago Today, Our Friend Bill Nye Changed My Life. Just to make you feel really old, Bill Nye's show aired 20 years ago earlier this week. I grew up on his videos, so this makes me happy and sad. Where has the time gone?

--Man Wakes Up From Surgery, Realizes He's Married to a Beautiful Woman. I have no idea if this is real or not (see Jimmy Kimmel's twerking hoax), but it's really cute either way. =)


You're welcome.

Huh, no history articles to share with you this week! Sorry! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend =)



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links, Nat! I really liked the '10 Things Writers are Tired of Hearing'. LOL

    And that pic kills me. "Have at thee, foul crustacean!" ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. B.E.-- You're welcome =) Heheh yes, my friend Lizzie posted that on Facebook yesterday.

    I LOVE that picture. Made me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...