Friday, September 27

Links of the Week

Book News & Writing:

--How to Support an Author's New Book: 11 Ideas For You. I do most of these already (except for the library), but it's still nice to have them in list form =)

--10 Reasons Why Paperbacks Rule. Cute pictures =)

--JK Rowling: "I am prouder of my years as a single mother than of any other part of my life." As if I need another reason to love JK more. She helped me through my childhood (I was eleven when the first book came out), and has been a trusted friend and ally ever since.

--Writing and Publishing Advice From Author Hugh Howey via Julie Dao. I really liked his points. I don't agree with all of them (for example: SIX CPs? Is he crazy? Maybe two or three plus a bunch of betas, but not six, IMO).

--12 Days of Glory. Do you remember my post on Wednesday about writing 10K in one day? The same author discusses how she wrote a novel in 12 days. I used her chart to begin my own.

Entertainment:

--Actors Reprise Their Most Iconic Roles. I loved this! How many of them have you seen?

--NASA Will Pay You $18,000 to Stay in Bed for 70 Days. Really, there's no other category for me to place this under. 18K to stay in bed? Sounds nice, until you realize how long that really is. Plus the fact that you can't get up to go to the bathroom or bathe makes it lose its appeal, personally.

History:

--Early Roman Period Mansion Discovered! This is so cool! I love this sort of stuff. If I was a bit more adventurous, I would have become an archaeologist (hence all of my anthropology/archaeology classes in university).

--Researchers Build 'Google Earth' Project for the Ancient World. This is a wonderful idea, and I'm surprised they haven't done it sooner.

--Finnish Archaeologist Digs Up Ancient Civilization in Brazil. *squees* Although this isn't my area of expertise, I did take numerous classes on South America, both with history and anthropology. I loved them. I wish I could be in university right now--I'm sure my professors are drooling over this.

--Royal Toothbrush Found in Rio. Nope, I'm not kidding. A toothbrush. It sounds weird, but it actually is a significant find.

--Scientist Finds Manuscript with First English Recipes for Iced Chocolate Desserts. Now this is my kind of manuscript.

Random:

--Dear Parents, You Need to Control Your Kids. Sincerely, Non-Parents. I was skeptical about the title, until I read the letter. Definitely worth the read. I do think parents need to be harder on their children, but it is not my place to comment or ridicule someone who is clearly dealing with a toddler. Toddlers are made of pure evil about 90% of the time. Pure. Evil.

--Colbert Loses it Over Twitter's Racist Comments to Indian Miss America. Seriously, WTF is wrong with people? I'm a writer and I couldn't make this shit up. Just boggles my mind.

--8-Year-Old Boy Asks Santa to End His Sister's Bullying. So sweet, and so sad at the same time.

--The 35 Most Spectacular Wildlife Photos From The National Geographic Photo Contest. I love pictures of wildlife, especially PG-13 ones (I do not like seeing animals being eaten). They're all spectacular, but I love number three the most ;)

Sorry it is such a long post today, but I had a few stacked up since I didn't do one last week. Anyway, I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...