Tuesday, September 3

My Weekend!

Hello all!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend =) We were quite busy, unfortunately, so we didn't get much of a chance to settle down and relax.

On Friday, the hubby and I celebrated 7 years together. It seems like only yesterday I met him, but at the same time it feels like I've been with him forever. Time is a strange concept.

Anyway, as a date we went to the first high school football game of the season. Our team ended up winning 23-0, which was lots of fun. Even though I'll never be a big football fan (my Canadian-ness will never allow it), I do enjoy the atmosphere and I love it when a big play happens.





On Saturday we ran errands and then went to my in-laws' house for the Virginia Tech vs. Alabama game. The Hokies tried their best, but there was no way they were going to win, LOL. After that, we stayed for dinner. Granny and Pawpaw came into town for the weekend, so we spent a lot of time with them.

Sunday was very similar. We ran errands and then went to the in-laws' house for dinner again.

Yesterday we went out to lunch with the family, and then did more errands. Luckily we did get a change to play Frisbee with Powell last night (it's been raining in the late afternoon/evenings for the past few days), then we had dinner at in-laws' again. It's going to be strange going back to cooking, LOL.

So yes, a very boring (aside from the football) but productive weekend for us. What were you guys up to?

6 comments:

  1. Ooo, I haven't been to a high school game since I was in high school. Sounds like fun. Sorry the Hokies lost, but yeah, it was a longshot for them to win anyway. Better luck next weekend.

    We watched football on TV. My team won. Yay! Then we watched baseball and golf. And a bunch of other shows that all blend together. Not the most productive weekend, but it was relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A football date sounds like fun. Sorry you didn't get to relax, but it sounds like you had a very nice weekend with your hubby. Adorable pics of you two, BTW.

    Our stacation was pleasant. We read. We watched movies. We took Sawyer for long walks. We went to Starbucks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth-- Heheh, it was lots of fun. Yeah, Alabama was a bit out of our range ;)

    I'm glad you had a nice relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen--Thank you!! =)

    I'm glad you had a nice weekend. Did you read anything good??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I almost finished Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor. It's a fast-paced YA mystery set in a Boston prep school. It's hard to put down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen-- Good, I'm glad you're enjoying it =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...