Tuesday, September 10

Weight Loss & Exercise Update!

When I wrote the first post in this series, I never expected the outpouring of support and encouragement I received. My inbox was flooded with emails, Facebook messages and comments, and Tweets. I even received a few texts! To be honest, it shocked the hell out of me. I had no idea why that post in particular garnered such a response. I didn't say anything profound--I simply commented on my weight loss journey so far. And yet, the majority of comments revolved around me being honest and sharing my experiences in an open manner. 

I've always prided myself on being honest with people, even if it doesn't always go well for me. I see no point in hiding the truth, especially when it stares you so plainly in the face.

After thinking about it for a while, however, I see why people connected to that post in particular. Yes, I was honest, but I was honest about a very sensitive matter. Two, actually, if you want to include depression in there as well. No, I did not post my actual weight (I'm saving that for a big reveal at the end of my journey), but I didn't shy away from my issues either. Most people lie about their problems and pretend nothing is wrong. I see no benefit to such an arrangement, but to each their own.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who reached out to me! It meant a lot =)

Okay, on to the actual update. I can now happily say that I have lost and kept off 25 pounds. I haven't weighed myself yet today, so I have no idea if I've lost more. My pants are VERY baggy on me now, to the point where I can't wear them out of the house. It looks like I'm wearing clown pants. I'm happy about the weight loss, of course, but it makes picking outfits difficult at times. I've been reduced to wearing some older capris I had in my closet (but hadn't worn in over 2 years, LOL!)

Sadly my arms have been hurting a lot over the past few days, which makes it difficult to do elliptical, but I'm trying to stay positive! So long as I keep to the points, I should lose weight even without the additional exercise. That definitely helps me, personally. I love working out (well, okay, I like it as much as a normal person likes working out), but on the days where I simply can't, it's nice to know I'm not losing any ground. If I was just relying on exercise, I would feel horribly guilty if I missed a day or two.

So there you have it! What have you been up to this week?

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant, Natalie :) You're on your way!! As for the elliptical - can you do it without the arm motion (like, just hang on), then you're still getting your workout but without taxing your arms??? Just a thought.

    Again, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25 pounds? You rock! Keep at it, girlfriend. And start putting together a new-clothes fund, so you can shop once you reach your goals. =o)

    If you can find access to a pool, try exercising in there. Less stress on the joints when you're in the water, but you still get a good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet-- Thank you! I'm trying, lol.

    We do have stationary handles on the elliptical, but it actually strains my arm even more! I have to lean forward and rest/hold on to them, since the rest of my body is moving. In the end, it causes my arms more stress. So annoying!!

    I really want a recumbent bike, but sadly we don't have the space or the money right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth-- Thank you, hun!! LOL I'm going to need to buy clothes throughout the weight loss, I think, since my goal is quite large. I've already dropped down 2 to 3 sizes--I imagine by the end I'll be down at least... (*does math*) another 6 sizes or so, for a total of 8/9 sizes lost (depending on the style of pant, obviously).

    Our townhouse complex does have a pool, but the people who go there are a little sketchy. They use it as a party place, sadly. I did get a good workout in the ocean, but it hurt my arms. I imagine calmer water would help, but I'm not sure it would make too much of a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo-hoo!!!! Time to buy some new clothes, girl! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen-- Thanks, dahling! Haha yes, I know. It's hard though, because I know I'm going to lose even more weight and those clothes won't fit anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...