Thursday, September 12

Writing Update

Hello everyone! Time for a writing update.

Sadly, not as much progress this time around. Only 2493 words, but I did manage to finish a particularly annoying chapter. The reason I didn't get as many words out is 100% my fault (obviously). I kept coming across redundant passages, so I'd delete. Sadly, several thousand words lost their lives to this terrible tragedy.

Now that I'm done that horrendous chapter, I'm outlining the next few scenes so I know exactly where I'm headed. I'm trying to let go of the reins a bit here and just write, but I know that means revisions will suck later on. I figure so long as I keep detailed notes on things I want/need to add in, I'll be fine. Besides, for some of these things it might be better to add them in once the whole story is done, that way I can see exactly where to start each thread. 
My handsome writing buddy, Powell.
That's my dad in the background.

In other news, my CP Jena Lang came up with the wonderful idea of writing together once a day for an hour =) I've really liked it so far; I enjoy having a set time to write/outline/research.

Along the same lines, my DH has a meeting tonight for Scouts, so I'm going to go to Starbucks and write for a few hours! I'm very excited. This time I'm going to a real Starbucks and not the one in B&N. I'm going to try and warm up for the event by spending the entire afternoon outlining and writing. I'd love to write over my word goal for the day!

So there you have it. I'm still on track for finishing November 1st, but I need to get my butt in the chair. Things have been distracting me around here, but that's no excuse! NO EXCUSES!!!! 

Ahem.

So how are your stories going?


2 comments:

  1. I love that photo of Powell! He looks so handsome and grown up. =)

    I'm happy to hear you like my daily writing idea and that you're enjoying it so much. Me too! I feel more inspired than ever to finish my story, and it's all because of you. So keep on writing. Your hard work is truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen-- Me too! He's very handsome. I'm afraid he knows it, too, and uses it to his advantage whenever he can ;)

    Awww, thank you! You help inspire me too. Between the two of us, we are going to be successful! We can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...