Friday, October 11

Links of the Week

Sorry I'm posting this so late! I've been fighting off a cold for several days and yesterday I lost. I woke up with a sore throat, a stuffed nose, and puffy eyes. It's just gone downhill from there.

Book News & Writing:

--26 Hilariously Bad Book Covers. Ahhhh these made me crack up. No wonder the romance, fantasy, and sci-fi genres have a bad reputation when these are thrown into the mix.

--The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Trailer. A new trailer! Yayayayayay! I know this could also fall under entertainment, but it is based on a book, so I put it here. Plus, my blog, my rules. Deal.

--17 Awesome Literary Halloween Costumes. I thought these were cute. I've always said I want to be a hobbit one year, especially when I have a baby or a toddler. My husband and I are custom made to create an adorable hobbit: both of us are on the short side with brown, curly hair. On top of that, I'm plump. Ergo, hobbit children.

--Goodreads New Policy Change. I'm not going to get into all of this on here, but I thought this article was interesting.

--Food Stamps, Welfare, Seven Kids, Oh My! I liked reading her article about how surviving on your art is possible, if you put enough time and effort into it.

--Dinosaur Erotica. Yep, you read that correctly. Read this article and then comment on my post to let me know what you think. Personally, my mouth dropped open in horror. How does that even WORK? If you go on Amazon there are some pretty entertaining reviews. I guess as a gag gift this would be superb. Maybe we'll get one for my brother-in-law for his birthday, LOL. Anyway, what gets me is that these women are making a solid living off of this stuff. Not just extra cash. They're makin' big bucks. GRRRRR! Must. Finish. Story.

--17 Misused and Made-Up Words. Honestly, I don't come across a lot of these very often. Perhaps it's because I went to university for English literature and more than half of my friends are writers *shrugs* Anyway, 7 and 8 do drive me crazy, though. As well, 5 and 6 are technically fine, if used correctly.

--7 Reasons to Write an Entire First Draft Before Going Back to the Beginning. I really like her points, and they make a lot of sense. I need to buckle down and get to it!

Random:

--25 Hot Guys & Kittens. Meh, I think someone put a lot of time and effort into this. Plus, I am a romance writer.

--Undeniable Proof that The Walking Dead and Toy Story Have the Same Plot. I thought this was interesting, and very true. Will anyone else watch the season premiere of The Walking Dead on Sunday?

--5 Body Language Poses That Can Sabotage Success. I thought this was pretty cool. I guess women do these more than men?

--Pitbull Puppy is Determined to Use a Treadmill. I love this video. He's so determined! Sometimes I feel that way about the publishing industry. I will try every angle to make this work, LOL.

--The 40 Cutest Things That Happened in 2012.   Awwwww.

--Creative Dad Takes Crazy Photos of Daughters. This is pretty cool. You can tell the girls have a lot of fun with their dad =)

Apparently I didn't have any history links lined up for you guys. Sorry! Sometimes I have a lot to post, and sometimes I don't have any!

I hope you guys have a nice weekend. I suspect I'm going to be chugging tea, sucking on cough drops, and investing in Kleenex stock.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links, Natalie (yeah, the dinosaur one, which I read when it posted, is just wrong).

    Hope you're feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet-- You're welcome! I know, isn't that crazy? And they're making a solid living off of it. *shakes head sadly*

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...