Friday, October 25

Links of the Week

Book News & Writing:

--The Importance of Reading Out Loud During Revision. I already do this, especially when I'm struggling with a particular sentence. What about you?

Politics & Social Commentary:

--Powerful Ads Use Real Google Searches to Show the Scope of Sexism Worldwide. This is insane! It's amazing how powerful a few words can be.

--Reasons the Rest of Canada Should Be Super Jealous of Alberta. And this is just politically speaking! You all know AB is my home province, so I can't help posting a few things about it ;) As you can probably tell from the link, we just had elections back home.

Random:

--5 Things Super Successful People Do Before 8 am. I have never been a morning person, so I guess I'm out, LOL. I do, however, exercise and plan out my day (I do this one the night before).

--New Line of Underwear Filters Out Farts. Yep, you read that correctly. This is... I don't even know what this is. Crazy, I guess? *shrugs*

--British Rowing Team Strips Down to Fight Homophobia. What an awesome campaign, and one sure to get a lot of attention. I'm not sure my husband would support me buying a calendar, however....

--21 Awesome Dog Breeds You've Never Heard Of. Adorable puppies are my weakness. Okay, most animals are my weakness.

I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. We used to live in Calgary years ago and still have lots of family there. And Nenshi is a super star mayor! There doesn't seem to be anything contrived about him, he's so genuine.

    And sometimes there's nothing to do but read along and see how it feels! Great link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karyn-- Hello! Yes, he is a wonderful mayor. I wish I could have voted for him this last time, but alas, I'm in Virginia. I did get to vote for him last time, however, since my university was in Calgary (my family lived in Strathmore).

    He really does seem genuine, and I love his sense of humor. He's famous for his sarcastic tweets =)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...