Wednesday, October 16

Weight Loss & Exercise Update

Hello everyone!

It has been a while since I've done one of these, so I thought today was as good a day as any =)

As some of you know, I've been very stressed recently. An extended family member died (my uncle-in-law's brother), and while we weren't close with him personally, we know his immediate family very well (we see them two or three times a week). My husband and I have tried to be there for the people we know and love, but there's not much we can do to help ease their pain. It's very hard to see them sad and know there's nothing we can do to help.

On top of that, the very next day Granny had a stroke and was rushed to the hospital. She's doing okay now, but she did spend a few days there having tests done. We're keeping a close eye on her.

Due to the stress and lack of sleep, I developed a bad cold. I'm still suffering through it, so I haven't been as active as normal. Sadly, that's reflected in my weight loss. I haven't weighed myself today, but as of Sunday I was at 32 pounds lost (I'm supposed to be at 33 lol). Not too bad, but I'm behind schedule and have been for about a week. I hate playing catch-up. I'm trying to give myself a break considering I'm still seeing results and my life has been full of stress, but you know how I am. Go, go, go, all the time.

Now that my cold is abating somewhat (I still can't taste or smell), I'm hoping to start elliptical again. Right after I post this I'm going to the spare room to start stretching! Since my diet hasn't changed throughout these past weeks, it's the lack of workout that has slowed my progress. I've actually missed working out, so that's fine with me. It's nice to see that my hard work actually has results.

So what have you been up to? How much weight have you lost before? I'm aiming for a huge number over ten months. I'm down three and a half months now; just six and a half to go! I figure slow and steady is the best way to do this.

*Update: I'm now down 32.5 pounds! Woot woot!*

6 comments:

  1. Not bad at all. In fact, it's great. WTG!

    I agree slow and steady equals success. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet. It's about healthy choices, not starving yourself. And it's important to exercise. I don't always enjoy my workouts, but I like the results. No pain, no gain. It's a tired old cliche but so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your illustration brought me over because it is HILARIOUS, but it sounds like there haven't been particularly fun times in your life right now. Sorry to hear about the death in your extended family. Hope you (and Granny) are soon on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen-- Thank you, hun! I just updated it--I'm now at 32.5 pounds lost. Yay! I'm hoping I can be back on track by Monday.

    Exactly! I don't believe in diets. Sure they work for quick success, but they don't last long term. I want this weight gone and I want to be a healthier individual by the end.

    I agree, it is a tired cliche but it's really true. You have to work hard to achieve your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel-- Hehe, I like that picture too. It always makes me snicker.

    Yes, it's been difficult but I try to stay positive.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Nat! 32.5 lbs lost is awesome! Especially with all the stuff going on around you. You go, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. B.E.-- Thank you, hun! I'm quite happy with it now that I stop and think about it lol. I need to get out of my head more often.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...