Thursday, January 2

2014 Goals

I've always been a goal-oriented person, so it should come as no surprise that I love making resolutions for the new year. Plus, that means making lists and you all know how much I adore lists.

Here are my goals for 2014.


“Always aim for the Moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

- W. Clement Stone

Writing:

--Finish AHR (write a synopsis and query this sucker): I will do this, even if it means I have to tie myself to a chair and force myself.

--Write up detailed plots and query letters for the next two books in my Highlander series: You know, just in case I get the interest of an agent and he/she wants to know what I have planned.

--Write every day: I don't care how much I write a day (well okay, I do, but that's besides the point). Either way, I must write every single day.

--Start a NA book for fun (write synopsis & query letter even if I decide not to query): I want to do this during the Celtic Hearts sprint challenge in January.

--Start the second book in the Highlander series (?) This depends on how the first half of the year goes: Obviously I'm leaving my options open. If I've learned anything from the past two years its that things crop up that you're least expecting. I figure I should prepare for everything.

--Renew Celtic Hearts (?), RWA, and RT: There's a question mark besides Celtic Hearts because I'm not sure whether I will renew in March. I adore the friends I've made, but I'm not sure I'm getting my money's worth.

--Attend RWA Nationals in July (?): This is the same as last year. Unless something changes, this won't happen but I figure I'll put it down anyway.

--Enter the Golden Heart contest in December: This depends on where I am in my writing career, but I'd love it if I could enter.

--Continue to critique for my CP, Jena Lang.

--Read at least 50 books & keep up on my NTR shelf.

--Buy domain name for Murphy and create a website (?): Still not sure what I want to do with this issue. Along the same lines, I need to decide between Murphy and Nicholas. Once these decisions are made, I can order new business cards.

Personal:

--Plan a trip in February with my parents (?): They're coming down for a visit, but I don't know if we'll go anywhere.

--Watch at least 50 movies: Roni Loren does this challenge every year and I thought it sounded entertaining. These movies don't need to be new to me.

--Keep up on birthdays: Again, people seem to love this tradition, so I'll keep it up =)

--Find a job. Boo, hiss.

--Attend my cousin's wedding on June 21st. Help her out however I can.

--Continue to exercise regularly. I would like to reach my goal by July 8th (the one year anniversary).

--Plan a beach trip for me, my hubby, and my parents in August: Squee!

"No Excuses. No Regrets. Never give up. Never surrender."
-Natalie Murphy & Jena Lang

So there you have it. I'm sure I'll think of other things to add, but this is my list for 2014.

What are some of your goals for 2014?

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Natalie. Good luck with your 2014 goals - looking forward to hearing how it goes throughout the year.

    And, yay, for your parents coming for a visit - bet you're counting down the days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet-- Thank you! They haven't booked their tickets yet, otherwise I would be counting down the days, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great list of goals. You can do eeit!!! Just stick to the plan. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...