Wednesday, September 24

A Much Needed Update!

Hello everyone!

I know it has been forever since I've posted on here, and for that, I apologize. I have been sorely tempted the past few months, but I was carrying a big secret and every time I started to post something, my secret came spilling out. So I held off and waited.

But finally, after nearly three months holding silent, I can finally talk about my surprise! My husband and I are expecting our first child!
Powell announcing his new responsibility as guard dog!!!
We are absolutely thrilled by the news. Based on my early symptoms, we suspected about a week in, but we didn't want to say anything until I hit the 12 week mark. I have been to the doctor for all of my regular checkups, and I've already had three ultrasounds (one to date the baby, and two for genetic screenings). The baby is due April 6, 2015, and everything looks wonderful =)

Now that I can actually talk about what's been going on in my life (all-day nausea, for one), I'm going to start posting more. Obviously, this has taken up a huge chunk of my time this summer. As close as I am to finishing A Highlander's Ransom, it is difficult to write and edit when you're exhausted, nauseous, and throwing up 24/7. I am on two different types of anti-nausea meds right now, so I'm hoping that helps. I'm also entering my second trimester, which means my nausea should pass soon. Hopefully I will get back to writing full time in the next week or two! I need to finish this book!

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. SQUEE! Sorry about the morning sickness. Hopefully it'll pass soon. :hugs: I can't wait for April. =o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was just morning sickness, lol! It is quite a misleading name, since it's all day! Oh well. My doctor said it should pass by week 17 (ugh, a whole month away!) but we'll see =)

      I know!!! I'm very excited. <3

      Delete
  2. Whoo-hoo!!! I'm so glad you can finally share your happy news with the world. I'm excited for you! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu! Now I can post on my blog again, LOL! <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...