Friday, December 12

Writing Update

I seemed to have missed last week's update--oops! Everything has been going very well on this story, but we've been very busy around here!

I finally finished Chapter 19 and sent Chapters 19, 20, 21, and 22 to Jen for critique. The poor girl had 6 chapters to go through, but she seemed to like them! I just received the last of them back yesterday and only minor revisions were required. I finished those up last night, which brings my revised word count to 64, 705 words (or 222 pages)! I am beyond thrilled. This story just feels right.

Yesterday was a bit tough for me, though. After staring at my next few chapters for a few days, I realized I needed to change the plot a bit. With the help of my mum, my husband, and my wonderful CP (Jen),  I reworked the plot and went though the next few chapters. I ended up cutting some scenes but I think the story will be better overall. Now I just need to finish this book!

What have you been up to?

4 comments:

  1. Whoo-hoo! All of your hard work is paying off. I'm so proud of you! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's so awesome when the story feels right.

    I'm trying to knuckle down and get the editing done. I finished CH11 tonight. Only 19 more to go. This weekend will be mega-editing with occasional breaks to play in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It makes this all worth while, LOL!

      I'm assuming you're talking about edits back from the person you hired? How much do you need to change?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...