Tuesday, January 6

2015 Goals

Hello everyone!

I know we're six days into the new year, but here are my goals for the next twelve months. I'm going to try and be super flexible due to baby, so these are very loose goals.

Writing:

  • Finish A Highlander's Romance: finish editing the story. Write the tagline and 3-line pitch, query letter, synopsis, and then query. This will be done before baby arrives.
  • Try to write every day (or as much as possible with baby on the way).
  • Plot and write the first draft of my next Scottish Scoundrels book, A Highlander's Oath. I'd also like to edit, write the tagline, 3-line pitch, query letter, and synopsis, but who knows how far that will go with a baby.
  • Work on the next book in my Scottish Scoundrels series. I'm leaving this up in the air because there's no way to know how busy I'm going to be.
  • Continue critiquing for Jen.
  • Renew Celtic Hearts, RWA, and RT.
  • Read at least 50 books & keep up on my Need To Read shelf.
  • Decide between Murphy and Nicholas. If I go with Nicholas, change everything over to reflect that.
  • Make a website.
Personal:
  • Watch at least 50 movies. I think this will be ridiculously easy with late-night feedings on my horizon.
  • Keep up on birthdays by sending cards.
  • Exercise after baby arrives. I'm doing as much as I can now, but I'd like to get back to it after baby arrives.
  • Change my name, renew my green card, and change all memberships to new name.
  • Prepare everything for baby (paperwork, hospital bags, nursery, etc...).
  • Plan some sort of beach trip this summer? This one is definitely up in the air due to several factors (money, baby, etc...).
I have a million other things I need to do, but I'm not going to list them as "goals". For example, we need to work on our Jeep and do taxes before baby arrives, but those seem more like a "to do" list rather than goals.

So what about you? Do you make goals or resolutions?

6 comments:

  1. ^ Spam alert! LOL That's a lot of links.

    Anyway, yay on your goals! Good luck! The only resolution I made was to maintain my sanity this year. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? LOL. I so rarely get spammed, it surprised me.

      Thank you! Yep, I just saw and commented on your post, heheheh. I might need to borrow that one!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your list of goals! And with your baby. :-) Looks like you've got some great things going on this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, definitely going to be a busy year =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...